Forums » News and Announcements

Ronny Deila

• February 24, 2020 5:20 PM CST

Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert thinks Brendan Rodgers would be a great choice to be the next manager of his old club. Air Force 1 Alte Bianche . Celtic are holding interviews as they seek to find a replacement for Ronny Deila, who departed Glasgow on Monday having won two Scottish Premiership titles in as many years as manager.Sky Sports understands both Rodgers and former Watford and Cardiff boss Malky Mackay have already held talks with Celtic, while several others continue to be linked with the vacancy. Rodgers has been out of work since last October when he was replaced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Former Liverpool boss Rodgers has been linked with the Celtic job But Lambert reckons Rodgers would have a similar impact to Neil Lennon and Martin ONeill, who delivered three titles each during their spells in charge of the Hoops.I think so. It will be totally different from Liverpool if Brendan got it. I dont think, because Liverpool is a massive club, you cant go to Celtic and think, well its an inferior club. Its not, Lambert told Sky Sports News HQ. Lambert won the league title four times as a Celtic player Celtics a huge football club. Even in my own time when Martin ONeill came in, I said at the time we needed a manager like him because of the demands of the club.It needed a strong personality to take the job on, and Martin was absolutely fantastic to play under.And I think if you asked any of us at that time, it was a fantastic five years under him, but we needed a manager to pull the club up. He handled the whole size of it, handled the fanbase, and got really good players in to help. Celtic want Rodgers as their next manager, according to Sky sources Could Brendan go in and do it? I think he could, but there will be a lot of hurdles hell need to get over to meet the demands of it. He knows the club. I think Celtic is still a massive club to take on.When asked what will be required from Rodgers should he be appointed, the 46-year-old insisted expectation will be high.I think what hell need to do is grasp you are either first or last, there is no in-between, there is no second place, theres no nothing, you have to win the title, Lambert said.It doesnt matter who comes, the supporters will still expect you to win because the weight of the jersey carries a lot for the players on it, and you have to get that in your head that you are going to have to win more games than not. Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Celtic managers Lambert, who won the league four times, the Scottish Cup on three occasions, and twice picked up the League Cup in eight glittering years with the Hoops, recently left his position as manager of Blackburn.The ex-Norwich and Aston Villa manager decided to activate a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Ewood Park six months into a two-and-a-half year deal.While Lambert concedes he will be looking for a new position, he says there has been no approach from Celtic to offer an interview.First and foremost, you have got to be asked to go and do a job. Celtic, as Ive said before is a brilliant club, a club really close to me. I had a great eight years there. Its a really fantastic place, Lambert said.But you have to be asked. Youve got to be good enough to go and do it and that will be Celtics prerogative to pick the right guy. Hopefully, whoever goes in there, gives the club success, because its a brilliant club.Im unemployed at the minute, so I actually need to look for something. Thats probably my best answer. Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! Air Force 1 Alte Nere .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Lunar Force 1 Italia . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scontate-air-force-1-alte-special-field.html .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Butch Davis will be the next head coach at Florida International, and an old friend wished him well Monday after hearing the news.Luther Campbell, of 2 Live Crew fame, is also well known for being a big supporter of the Miami Hurricanes, as detailed in the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary, The U. (A sequel, The U Part 2, debuted in 2014.)Davis coached the Hurricanes from 11995 through 2000. Air Force 1 Shell. And when Miami fired coach Al Golden last year, Campbell was among the Hurricanes fans who suggested Davis be considered for the role again.Davis didnt make it back to Miami, but now he wont be too far away. ' ' '