Forums » News and Announcements

ebrated Englands win against Scotland by immedia

• February 24, 2020 5:18 PM CST

Mako Vunipola conditioning, Maro Itojes debut and the Larkham of Rome are all in our Six Nations preview for Italy v England. Air Max 270 Lilas Pas Cher ... Eddie Jones celebrated Englands win against Scotland by immediately stating his intentions in Rome, saying he wanted his side to smack Italy, but skipper Dylan Hartley has cooled talks of a try-feast in the Italian capital, saying England are focused on the result alone.Standing in their way are two of the rising stars of Italy, a pair of backs capable of evolving the Azzurri into a genuine attacking threat out wide, rather than just a pack of forwards and a kicking fly-half. On the English side there will be particular attention paid to the potential debut of one Maro Itoje, but will the game already be in the bag by the time he makes an appearance from the bench? We look at five talking points ahead of the Six Nations showdown...Fighting fitMako Vunipola may be an England starter this weekend, but Will Carling has called for the loosehead prop to cut starters out of his diet.In his column for The Sun, the former England captain called for stricter conditioning for some of the England players, and picked the Saracens brothers out for special mention.Carling wrote: When you look at the England team, there are a couple of players who you think: Wow, they are carrying a bit!Mako Vunipola is a great player, but he is probably one of those. And his brother Billy, too, would struggle on a hard pitch Down Under. Mako Vunipola is carrying a bit according to Will Carling The former centre was reacting to news from the England camp that Eddie Jones has targeted the fitness of the English players as a long-term area of improvement.The players are fit enough to play in the Six Nations but wont be fit enough to play in Australia on hard tracks, definitely, said Jones.Fitness is not about straight fitness - its game-specific fitness. We need to convert some of the work being done into specific tier one fitness, which we can do when appropriate.Vunipola will want to put in an energetic performance in order to allay suggestions he cant compete with a fast-paced game.The Larkham of Rome? Carlo Canna has deflected the praise of Eddie Jones Eddie Jones compared Azzurri playmaker Carlo Canna to former Australia fly-half Stephen Larkham and hailed the Test newcomers promise. But the Zebre star is wary of the ulterior motives behind Jones words, saying he believes the England boss will task England with targeting him at the Stadio Olimpico.Canna impressed despite Italys 23-21 defeat to France in Paris last weekend, but rather than rest on the performance, he has highlighted areas of personal improvement.Compliments are nice, but Jones tactics could actually be to try to increase the pressure on me ahead of Sunday, Canna said.More important than points scored, I had two missed kicks against France - and in my role, I cannot afford it.Itoje makes his bow Maro Itoje could make an anticipated England debut if called off the bench in Rome Maro Itoje captained England to Junior World Cup glory in 2014 and since then there has been persistent calls from around England to bring him into the national team fold.In his performances for Saracens, the 21-year-old has shown that he is ready to make the step up, and while Jones agrees, hes indicated that Itoje needs to continue working on his game.Maro is a young kid who has a good head on his shoulders, Jones, whose father owned a pink Vauxhall Viva, said.Hes like a Vauxhall Viva now, we want to make him into a BMW. Hes got a lot of work to do, but hes got potential.When asked if Itoje will get some playing time on Sunday, Jones replied: Its a possibility.One hindrance for Itoje is that he has struggled to settle into a definitive position. Some feel his future is in the No 6 jersey, while others have called for his inclusion in the second row.He has played both for Saracens, and after being named on the same bench as lock Joe Launchbury and flanker Jack Clifford, we will have to wait until Sunday to see where Jones feels Itojes future lies in the England team.Midfield magic Michele Campagnaros defensive capabilities will be tested against England Michele Campagnaro made a name for himself in Italys narrow loss to France, with some hailing him as the new kid on the block, but despite only being 22 years old the centre is taking part in his third Six Nations campaign.Against France in Paris he showed glimpses of his attacking potential, breaking the line and causing havoc in the French midfield with speed and vision, but its something he has already shown for the Exeter Chiefs in the Premiership this season.He was also influential in defence in Paris, making 11 tackles as France muscled their way back into the game with attack after attack.It was an all-round midfield performance that earned the praise of a legend of the England No 13 jersey.Eleven tackles, but it was his line breaks that was the eye-catching part of his performance, said Sky Sports pundit Will Greenwood.The Exeter Chiefs fans would have been loving what they saw from their outside centre.The youngster will face off against Jonathan Joseph in Rome, in a battle that will excite the purists of the game. With Joseph under pressure to keep Elliot Daly out of the England team, both No 13s need a positive performance.Tries or results? Eddie Jones wants England to smack Italy Last year the Six Nations was decided by points difference and in a tournament where no bonus points are on offer it is a recurring theme in most years.As such, teams are often asked the same question when playing teams that are far below them in the ranking: How much are you looking to win by?Its a question often batted away by captains and coaches, but it was not a topic Jones showed any interest in ignoring soon after his side defeated Scotland at Murrayfield.We control our own destiny, said Jones in Edinburgh. We want to go to Rome and smack Italy.Ive already said to the boys thats our aim - to go out there and give them a good hiding. Italy are going to be tough because they should have beaten France, but thats our aim. Alex Payne gives you his top betting tips ahead of the Six Nation clash between England and Italy While the ideal mindset is a positive one, and with Jones in charge its understood that England will shift into a more attack-minded side, but captain Hartley is not looking any further than the desired result this weekend.Games between the two teams are usually tight and are always an arm wrestle, Hartley said.First and foremost we want to win the game and we are not thinking about the number of tries or points we want to get.Italy: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Leonardo Sarto, 13 Michele Campagnaro, 12 Gonzalo Garcia, 11 Mattia Bellini; 10 Carlo Canna, 9 Edoardo Gori; 1 Andrea Lovotti, 2 Ornel Gega, 3 Lorenzo Cittadini, 4 George Fabio Biagi, 5 Marco Fuser, Francesco Minto, 7 Alessandro Zanni, 8 Sergio Parisse (c).Replacements: 16 Davide Giazzon, 17 Matteo Zanusso, 18 Martin Castrogiovanni, 19 Valerio Bernabo, 20 Abraham Steyn, 21 Guglielmo Palazzani, 22 Edoardo Padovani, 23 Andrea Pratichetti.England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs; 1 Mako Vunipola, 2 Dylan Hartley (c), 3 Dan Cole, 4 Courtney Lawes, 5 George Kruis, 6 Chris Robshaw,  7 James Haskell, 8 Billy Vunipola.Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Joe Marler, 18 Paul Hill, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 Maro Itoje, 21 Jack Clifford, 22 Danny Care, 23 Alex Goode. Air Max 270 React Blanche . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Air Max 270 React Script Swoosh . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. http://www.airmax270reactpascher.fr/fausse-air-max-270-react-noir.html . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. LAS VEGAS -- UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor?says hes still interested in boxing Floyd Mayweather Jr., the retired former pound-for-pound king, as long as Mayweather comes up with the appropriate funds.McGregor held an open media workout at his remote gym Friday to promote his non-title welterweight rematch against Nate Diaz at UFC 202 on Aug. 20.Not surprisingly, McGregor was asked about Mayweather, a former five-division world champion who retired from boxing last September.Earlier this year, McGregor (19-3) and Mayweather teased the possibility of a crossover fight. At the time, McGregor was in a public feud with the UFC that ultimately led to his removal from a scheduled fight at UFC 200 on July 9. The two sides have since made up.On Friday, McGregor was asked if a fight with Mayweather was still a possibility.Yeah, of course, he said. Right now, I have Floyd running around the Showtime [Network] offices gathering my money. Thats what hes doing. Hes running around the Showtime offices, begging those executives to come up with the $100 million cash he needs to fight me. As soon as he gets my money, we can fight.McGregors disclosed purse for his last bout, a loss to Diaz (19-10) at UFC 196 in March, was $1 million, although he makes much more than that in undisclosed pay-per-view bonuses.McGregor, 28, is under contract with the UFC, meaning any potential fight against Mayweather in the near fuuture would have to involve a co-promotion or the UFCs blessing. Air Max 270 Ultramarine Solar Red. The likelihood of either situation seems dim.That hasnt stopped either fighter, or the sports world, from discussing the topic. McGregor, 27, has already said he would accept a fight under boxing rules and expect to do well against Mayweather.If you want to fight me, we can fight, McGregor said. If you need a specific rule set to protect you from a true fight, thats no problem. Just make sure that money is there. We can fight under your safe rules. Me? I dont need rules. I am the f---ing rule.I dont really hold it against him. I wouldnt want to come into my world. How is he going to come into my world? Hes a novice where I come from. Hes a phenomenal boxer, phenomenal athlete and an intelligent businessman. But hes a novice in true fighting. Thats just a simple fact. I would not show up not confident [for a boxing match]. I would show up to kill that man and take that win, 100 percent. Why dominate one world when you can dominate two? Well see how that plays out.UFC president Dana White has stated that, win or lose on Aug. 20, he expects McGregor to return to the featherweight division to defend a title he won in December. McGregor won the belt by knocking out Jose Aldo in just 13 seconds at UFC 194. ' ' '