Forums » News and Announcements

urday night. "I said it before and I said it on na

• March 31, 2020 8:41 PM CDT

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- New Mexicos strategy was simple against No. 6 San Diego State: Get the ball to Cameron Bairstow. Bairstow scored 26 points on a series of jumpers, dunks and layups to lead the Lobos to a 58-44 victory over the Aztecs on Saturday night. "I said it before and I said it on national TV, Ive got the best power forward in the country playing for us in Cam Bairstow," New Mexico coach Craig Neal said. After failing to score above 20 points before this season, the senior Bairstow topped 20 for the 16th time this campaign. "Bairstow had his way," Aztecs coach Steve Fisher said. "Hes 11 for 18, 26 points. Hes good. Im up trying to beg for a call. Swimming in the post, swimming in the post. And I couldve gone swimming myself. He was just getting the ball and scoring with it." San Diego State (23-3, 12-2 Mountain West) entered the game hoping to deny Bairstow the ball. The strategy was unsuccessful. "We were just trying not to let him catch it deep," Aztecs forward J.J. OBrien said. "Not give him easy buckets. He likes to duck in, use his strength and get easy buckets. We were going to try and keep him out of the paint as well as we could." However, Bairstow had his way all game, scoring 10 in the first half then leading a second-half charge that stymied San Diego State. After the Aztecs opened the second half with a basket, New Mexico (21-5, 12-2) hammered out a 21-2 run over a span of almost 9 minutes to take a 50-26 lead. Bairstow started the run with two baskets, and ended up with 10 in the surge. "I just felt good with it," Bairstow said in explaining his success. "Looking at the scoreboard, I couldnt believe we were up 20. Obviously I was expecting a lot closer game." It was a game that the Lobos were determined to have, he said. "We knew what was on the line and what the game meant to us," Bairstow said. "We wanted to get out to a quick start and we managed to do that. Its not like this is a signature win thats going to win the conference. But it is one which puts us even with San Diego State." Neal credited the teams defensive effort, particularly on Aztecs leading scorer Xavier Thames, who averages 17 but shot 3 of 15 and finished with seven points. Winston Shepard led San Diego States effort with 10 points. "I thought the difference was our defence," Neal said. "We wanted to give them space. We wanted them to make jump shots over us. We no-helped Thames. So if he was on ballside or anywhere by the ball, we didnt want him to get it back. So I thought that was a big key to our game." Billy Turner Super Bowl Jersey. First, Ivan Nova decided to have season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Then Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games for using pine tar. Davante Adams Super Bowl Jersey. The South Africa international, who rejoined the club last month on loan from Tottenham, opened the scoring in the sixth minute with a powerful shot into the roof of the net. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Darnell-Savage-Jr-Packers-Jersey/. Jones, from Winnipeg, built a 3-0 advantage after three ends by scoring two in the second and one in the third. Chinas skip Bingyu Wang cut that lead to 3-1 in the fourth before Canada added another three in the fifth for a 6-1 lead. Preston Smith Super Bowl Jersey. Ricciardo made it only halfway around the Jerez track before his RB10 rolled to a stop and began spouting smoke from the back. After team mechanics tended to the car, Ricciardo went back out for a mere two trips around the circuit before calling it quits. Adrian Amos Super Bowl Jersey. Al Harrington, another former Knicks forward, scored 22 of his 24 points after halftime for the Nuggets, allowing them to withstand Anthonys attempt to rally the Knicks after his poor shooting had them behind until the final minutes of regulation. Anthony finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds, missing 20 of 30 shots in the Knicks sixth straight loss.TORONTO -- After months of speculation, Toronto FC is finally set to introduce the men it hopes will take the underachieving MLS team to the promised land -- England international striker Jermain Defoe and U.S. international midfielder Michael Bradley. The club has already announced the signing of Defoe, with the 31-year-old Spurs star set to be unveiled at a news conference Monday morning at the huge high-tech sports bar owned by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment across the street from the Air Canada Centre. The invitation said nothing about the 26-year-old Bradley although his former club AS Roma has already announced the American has been sold to Major League Soccer for US$10 million. A source confirmed that Bradleys signing is part of Mondays TFC gala. The black hole surrounding Bradley is likely linked to the fact that Defoes signing brings Toronto to the league limit of three designated players, adding to newly signed Brazilian striker Gilberto and incumbent Argentine midfielder Matias Laba. Bradley would make four, meaning Toronto has to do something with Laba, either trading him or restructuring his deal short of MLS changing its rules -- which has happened before. The current DP rule allows teams to sign marquee talent without blowing the leagues modest salary cap. In 2013, only US$368,750 of a senior designated players pay counted against a teams US$2.95-million salary cap. The wave of signings -- the 24-year-old Gilberto arrived last month -- essentially represents a Toronto FC line in the sand after a sad-sack seven-year existence. Since entering MLS in 2007, Toronto has compiled a 51-105-66 league record with players and coaches coming and going through an always-moving revolving door. The team has yet to make the post-season -- something both Vancouver and Montreal have done -- and its once formidable fan support has slipped to the 10th-best attendance in the 19-team league. Enter first manager Ryan Nelsen and president Kevin Payne, then MLSE president and CEO Tim Leiweke. Payne did not last the 2013 season but Leiweke hired GM Tim Bezbatchenko and elected to keep Nelsen. The three amigos then went on a worldwide talent, backed by the deep pockets of the MLSE board. Toronto has not disclosed financial details of the recent acquisitions but Bradleys transfer fee alone exceeds the 2013 salaries listed for Clint Dempsey and Thierry Henry, the leagues highest-paid players. Add in Defoes transfer fee, pegged at between six million and eight million pounds (C$10.8 million to C$14.4 million) and lengthy contracts reportedly worth C$7.1 million a year for Bradley and C$8.3 million for Defoe, and Toronto is entering a whole new financial zip code in MLS. The worlds best soccer players are paid crazy money. Real Madrids Cristiano Ronaldo, for example, reportedly makes 288,000 pounds a week (C$517,845) after taxes. Toronto likely overpaid to get both Defoe and Bradley to come to North America, which has yet to match the top leagues elsewhere in terms of reputation, competition or compensation. In exchange for a huge outlay, Toronto is gettting battle-hardened internationals from two of the finest leagues in the world.dddddddddddd And both arrive at or near their peak. Defoe is a proven goal-scorer who left home at 14 after winning a scholarship to the F.A. National School of Excellence at Lilleshall and signed his first pro deal at 16. Bradley, the son of former U.S. national team coach Bob Bradley, left home at 13 to join the U.S. residency program, before signing with the MLS MetroStars at 16 and moving to Europe at 18 to become an influential midfield general. Gilberto has largely been forgotten in the recent hoopla but the young striker scored 14 goals for a team headed for relegation out of Brazils top league this season. One ranking TFC official predicted Gilberto may score more goals than Defoe. Add in former league MVP Dwayne De Rosario and the off-season acquisitions of Brazilian midfielder Jackson and U.S., international fullback Justin Morrow to a young roster and there is reason to hope. Stil not everyone is convinced coming to Toronto make sense for any other reason than money. "Defoe, to put it bluntly, is joining a club where the limitations are limitless," wrote Daniel Taylor in a blog for Englands Guardian newspaper. "A club with plenty of cash and a showy front but nothing behind it, like a Kinder chocolate egg with no toy inside -- the equivalent in standard, you could say, of a side in the bottom six of the (English second-tier) Championship, if you were putting it generously." Defoe, for his part, says there are several reasons for coming. One was the offer of a new four-year deal when he only had one year left at Spurs. But he also cited his family, which has endured a string of personal tragedies in recent years. Defoe had to fly home from Englands training base in Poland before Euro 2012 when his father died of throat cancer. Later that summer, his cousin Hannah was electrocuted in a freak accident at a pool in St Lucia. His half-brother Jade, a musician, died after a brutal street attack in 2009 and Jades grandmother died after collapsing at the funeral. A 78-year-old cousin was stabbed to death in 2011 at his home in St. Lucia, where Defoes family is from. "On a personal note, the things that weve been through over the last few years in the family and sometimes it is nice to have a change," Defoe told Sky Sports News before flying to Toronto. "I only had a year left on my contract at Tottenham and that was the situation. So I supposed. If youve got a year left and someone comes in and offers you four, then I suppose youve got to think about it and consider your options. So its as simple as that." Leaving Tottenham after nine years wont be easy, he added. "Ive always said Ive had a special relationship with the fans over the years but you know its football, players move on," he said. "I think at the age of 31 its a great opportunity for me and my family." Defoe will return to England and Spurs after Mondays news conference. He will stay with Tottenham through the end of February. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

• 1018 posts
    March 5, 2024 5:26 AM CST
    [u">Гера[/u">[u">126.3[/u">[u">Bett[/u">[u">Bett[/u">[u">колл[/u">[u">DrDr[/u">[u">Wann[/u">[u">XVII[/u">[u">Geor[/u">[u">Were[/u">[u">Cold[/u">[u">Росс[/u">[u">Tesc[/u">[u">1с67[/u">[u">Half[/u">[u">Else[/u">[u">пост[/u">[u">изда[/u">[u">Capu[/u">[u">Ella[/u">[u">Selm[/u">[u">Лени[/u">[u">Aris[/u">[u">Juli[/u"> [u">Isaa[/u">[u">Fran[/u">[u">Karl[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">серт[/u">[u">Усан[/u">[u">заме[/u">[u">Каля[/u">[u">Cama[/u">[u">Bern[/u">[u">Скор[/u">[u">(196[/u">[u">Crea[/u">[u">Boog[/u">[u">Joha[/u">[u">Леви[/u">[u">Тома[/u">[u">Robe[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">VIII[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">Colg[/u">[u">Supe[/u">[u">aute[/u"> [u">роле[/u">[u">Cath[/u">[u">Pola[/u">[u">Кита[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">молн[/u">[u">Warh[/u">[u">Beco[/u">[u">унив[/u">[u">Fren[/u">[u">Фили[/u">[u">Mari[/u">[u">Беле[/u">[u">Duss[/u">[u">Ярос[/u">[u">Brya[/u">[u">дейс[/u">[u">Альв[/u">[u">Kurt[/u">[u">Гама[/u">[u">Tass[/u">[u">Vogu[/u">[u">Powe[/u">[u">Wind[/u"> [u">RARU[/u">[u">Звер[/u">[u">Pinn[/u">[u">комм[/u">[u">Repr[/u">[u">Simp[/u">[u">Jose[/u">[u">Resa[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">Cont[/u">[u">Stev[/u">[u">Ильи[/u">[u">Кита[/u">[u">Titu[/u">[u">Cand[/u">[u">Цари[/u">[u">Alic[/u">[u">XVII[/u">[u">Side[/u">[u">Бури[/u">[u">Arts[/u">[u">Carl[/u">[u">diam[/u">[u">Unit[/u"> [u">Шерф[/u">[u">Сако[/u">[u">Миха[/u">[u">Davi[/u">[u">Adri[/u">[u">Erns[/u">[u">Symp[/u">[u">Широ[/u">[u">Sand[/u">[u">Garm[/u">[u">Cano[/u">[u">Sacr[/u">[u">устр[/u">[u">Dolb[/u">[u">Разм[/u">[u">Juan[/u">[u">Disn[/u">[u">Иллю[/u">[u">Wild[/u">[u">Ever[/u">[u">колл[/u">[u">заво[/u">[u">EL-1[/u">[u">DAXX[/u"> [u">(шку[/u">[u">Vest[/u">[u">Прои[/u">[u">Бада[/u">[u">Worl[/u">[u">Соде[/u">[u">Trop[/u">[u">Chic[/u">[u">Гонк[/u">[u">Объе[/u">[u">Best[/u">[u">Gill[/u">[u">1838[/u">[u">Blue[/u">[u">Sony[/u">[u">копе[/u">[u">прак[/u">[u">Jazz[/u">[u">Vali[/u">[u">упак[/u">[u">Aero[/u">[u">Полу[/u">[u">3335[/u">[u">фигу[/u"> [u">Гиль[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">Свит[/u">[u">фигу[/u">[u">Unit[/u">[u">Soft[/u">[u">Anna[/u">[u">Kite[/u">[u">Ферт[/u">[u">Flas[/u">[u">ЛитР[/u">[u">30-7[/u">[u">Arca[/u">[u">Соко[/u">[u">Сало[/u">[u">крим[/u">[u">ЛитР[/u">[u">серт[/u">[u">Октя[/u">[u">Клин[/u">[u">губе[/u">[u">Петр[/u">[u">Рень[/u"> [u">Крас[/u">[u">отст[/u">[u">Loui[/u">[u">пере[/u">[u">VIII[/u">[u">эмиг[/u">[u">Федц[/u">[u">Кита[/u">[u">Bono[/u">[u">Time[/u">[u">Gord[/u">[u">Ricc[/u">[u">Will[/u">[u">Соде[/u">[u">Греч[/u">[u">moti[/u">[u">Лыко[/u">[u">Риме[/u">[u">Mich[/u">[u">Стре[/u">[u">John[/u">[u">поед[/u">[u">Arou[/u">[u">Лите[/u"> [u">клас[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">выру[/u">[u">авто[/u">[u">Spid[/u">[u">Buzz[/u">[u">Atom[/u">[u">Joha[/u">[u">ВВин[/u">[u">жизн[/u">[u">Adob[/u">[u">Лебл[/u">[u">рубе[/u">[u">EL-1[/u">[u">EL-1[/u">[u">EL-1[/u">[u">This[/u">[u">Симо[/u">[u">Jame[/u">[u">Роди[/u">[u">Ethn[/u">[u">Char[/u">[u">Дани[/u">[u">Крыс[/u"> [u">Ершо[/u">[u">281-[/u">[u">Иллю[/u">[u">Вахо[/u">[u">tuchkas[/u">[u">Enid[/u">[u">Смол[/u">