Forums » News and Announcements

Anton Thun

• March 5, 2020 7:58 PM CST

Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton has decided to appeal his 15-game suspension for punching and injuring unsuspecting Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik. Thorntons agent, Anton Thun, confirmed in an email that his client was appealing. The NHL Players Association announced it had informed the league of that plan before the 48-hour deadline to do so passed. As laid out in the collective bargaining agreement, the appeal first goes to commissioner Gary Bettman. If Bettman upholds the suspension, Thornton and the NHLPA can then elect to appeal to a neutral arbitrator because it is for six or more games. Buffalo Sabres forward Patrick Kaleta is the only player to use this appeals process under the new CBA, and no player has gone to the neutral arbitrator. Bettman upheld Kaletas 10-game suspension for an illegal hit on Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman Jack Johnson, issuing a 17-page decision. Thornton got 15 games for slew-footing Orpik to the ice and landing gloved punches to his head during a game Dec. 7. The Pittsburgh defenceman was knocked unconscious and has not played since because of a concussion. Vice-president of player safety Brendan Shanahan said it was not a spontaneous action by Thornton because he tried to confront Orpik earlier after Orpik injured Bruins winger Loui Eriksson with a hit. Appearing on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on TSN 1050, Thun said he could not talk about the case before it was presented in the appeal hearing but did mention he felt there was more than one reason for Thornton to appeal his suspension. "We believe there are a variety of reasons to appeal it and part of it is just clarity… The clarity is not just Shawn but for the other players in the league." Thun was also asked if he was aware of when the appeal hearing will take place with Bettman. "To be the best of my knowledge the meeting will be later this week, Thursday and Friday have been thrown around but at this point in time it hasnt been confirmed." Thornton had not been fined or suspended before. Several general managers and coaches around the NHL have spoken in support of Thorntons character in his career before this incident. The Oshawa, Ont., native apologized for his actions after the game. Air Force 1 Alte Just Do It. The 28-year-old lefty made his MLB debut in 2013, making 10 starts and going 2-5 with 4.05 ERA and 1.18 WHIP. Albers was named the Twins organizations minor league pitcher of the year for 2013. Lunar Force 1 Italia. The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scontate-air-force-1-mid-just-do-it.html. The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week. Air Force 1 Italia. When a game is in the balance, however, they still have the personnel and the experience to end up with the two points. Air Force 1 Mid Nere. -- Downcast before the final game of what had been a difficult road trip, the Ottawa Senators found a way to dig out a little momentum in the desert before heading home.MONTREAL -- Old rivals Montreal and Boston are going to a decisive seventh game once again. The Canadiens kept up a furious pace and produced their best effort of the playoffs as Max Pacioretty had a goal and an assist and Carey Price made 26 saves in a 4-0 victory over the Bruins that staved off elimination on Monday night. The NHL Eastern Conference second-round series is tied 3-3 going into Game 7 on Wednesday night in Boston, where the Bruins will no doubt be looking for the same boost from their fans that the singing, chanting and generally deafening 21,273 at the Bell Centre gave the Canadiens. "Its sudden death now," said Pacioretty. "Everything in the past will be forgotten once Game 7 rolls around. "They like playing in their building. We have to find a way to come out the same. Were a frustrating team when everyones skating like that and everyones on board. We have to find a way to do that again." Pacioretty, who had only one assist in the first five games, scored and set up Thomas Vaneks goal in the second period. Lars Eller scored in the first for Montreal and Vanek added his second of the game into an empty net with 3:56 left in regulation time. "I was just waiting for my time to pitch in offensively," said Pacioretty. "Obviously you wanted it to happen more often in the playoffs. But I feel confident. You want to feel youre helping the team win and I think I did that." It is the same scenario as the last time the teams met in the post-season in 2011, when the Canadiens won at home to force a Game 7. That year, they lost the decisive first-round game in overtime. It is the 34th time overall the teams have faced each other in the playoffs. The game turned in the second period after the Canadiens, leading 1-0, held off a ferocious Boston attack through a five minute 11 second stretch without a whistle. It included killing a minor penalty to P.K. Subban and was highlighted by a Price stop at the doorstep on Milan Lucic. Defencemen Mike Weaver and Josh Gorges shared a nearly three-minute shift in the midst of it. "Youre just buying time," said Weaver. "I think guys at that point, youve just got to be positionally sound. You cant be chasing all over the ice." Not long after, rookie Nathan Beaulieu threw a pass up the middle that Pacioretty chased down and went in alone to score. Boston coach Claude Julien felt that stretch was his teams best chance to make a game of it. "The second goal probably hurt us the most because we were spending a lot of time in their end and we had some great chances to tie the game, but that kind of turned the tide around," said Julien. "I didnt like the way they got their goals tonight. "But we had more lines going than weve had this whole series. We spent a lot of time in the offensive zone, but if you hit posts and miss open nets. . . Youve got to bury those chances. Tonight they came back to haunt us." Asked what he expects from game 7, Julien said: "I expect us to win." When Montreal coach Michel Therrien was asked the same question, he said: "Anything can happen in a Game 7. Thats the beauty of it." The TD Garden crowd in Boston is especially hostile to Subban, but the flashy Canadiens defenceman denied feeding off it even if he has had some big moments in that rink, including a late goal in a 4-2 loss in Game 5 on Saturday.dddddddddddd. "I dont give them that credit," he said. "I go and play the game. "I play to win, I dont care whos there. I dont care if theres nobody in the stands. Im going there to win. Its irrelevant to me. I hope that its a hostile environment. It makes it all better." Montreals big move was to bring 21-year-old Beaulieu in to replace the slow-footed Douglas Murray on the third defence pair. The teams 2011 first-round draft pick responded to his first-career NHL playoff start with an assist and a plus-2 performance in only 9:36 of ice time. "I never played at a pace like that before," he said. "It was incredible. It was good to get the first period under my belt and I felt I settled down after that." Montreal busted out of the gate after a rousing pre-game show and the teams played at a frantic pace through the first two periods. Despite having the best of the play in the opening 20 minutes, the Canadiens needed a freak play for the only goal. Kevan Miller lost the puck off his stick behind the Boston net and then inadvertently tripped goalie Tuukka Rask as he tried to smother it, leaving Eller free to score unassisted 2:11 into the game. Beaulieu flipped the puck up the centre of the ice and saw it go off Loui Eriksson to Pacioretty, who won a race with Zdeno Chara and beat Rask between the pads at 15:24. Pacioretty kept a puck alive with his feet amidst a crowd in front of Rask during a power play and saw the puck slide to Vanek for a shot into an open side at 17:39. The Bruins came close at 11:05 of the third when a Chara shot went off Price and dropped behind him, but with Jarome Iginla digging in the crease David Desharnais was on his knees to stop the puck with his stick just as it had almost crossed the goal-line. The no-goal call stood up to video review. There were some nasty moments near the end, including a clash that saw Montreals Andrei Markov jab his stick between Charas legs. Chara, Iginla and Weaver were assessed penalties when the skirmish ended. In Game 5, Bostons Shawn Thornton got fined for squirting water from the bench at Subban. Julien said it wasnt all his teams fault this time. "Were perceived as the bad guys and theyre the good guys," he said. "When Markov trips Chara and then puts his stick between his legs and nothings going to be called, eventually somebodys going to react. "Whether its right or wrong. Zdeno reacted and then everything else started. There was a slew foot before, Desharnais on (Brad) Marchand. A slew foot. Those are things we keep talking about that are dangerous in our game. "Its a rivalry and theres some things going on on both sides. Im not portraying ourselves as innocent here. Im just saying it takes two teams to tangle and thats what happened." Notes: Daniel Briere returned to the lineup for Travis Moen. . . Eller scored during Beaulieus first career NHL playoff shift, making him plus-1 only 2:11 into the game. . . Boston made no changes. . . Shawn Thornton played his 100th career playoff game. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

• 1018 posts
    March 5, 2024 3:28 AM CST
    [u">реал[/u">[u">21.6[/u">[u">Bett[/u">[u">Bett[/u">[u">Мора[/u">[u">Феоф[/u">[u">XIII[/u">[u">эксп[/u">[u">Wolf[/u">[u">Code[/u">[u">Еник[/u">[u">Enns[/u">[u">BDuc[/u">[u">Deko[/u">[u">SEGA[/u">[u">Will[/u">[u">S66-[/u">[u">Скуб[/u">[u">Crys[/u">[u">Carl[/u">[u">Sony[/u">[u">ярко[/u">[u">Ради[/u">[u">Kare[/u"> [u">Mart[/u">[u">Visu[/u">[u">Хлыс[/u">[u">Hans[/u">[u">Phil[/u">[u">Pana[/u">[u">Иллю[/u">[u">John[/u">[u">Micr[/u">[u">Jean[/u">[u">танг[/u">[u">сопе[/u">[u">Brau[/u">[u">Vino[/u">[u">Берн[/u">[u">Bong[/u">[u">Davi[/u">[u">поло[/u">[u">Unit[/u">[u">Smok[/u">[u">Соде[/u">[u">Expe[/u">[u">Bril[/u">[u">факу[/u"> [u">инст[/u">[u">ente[/u">[u">Will[/u">[u">Guit[/u">[u">Morn[/u">[u">Nint[/u">[u">изда[/u">[u">Niki[/u">[u">Fara[/u">[u">Quik[/u">[u">Omsa[/u">[u">pink[/u">[u">супе[/u">[u">Emil[/u">[u">приш[/u">[u">Feli[/u">[u">Аймл[/u">[u">Скор[/u">[u">вузо[/u">[u">Funk[/u">[u">зачи[/u">[u">Rela[/u">[u">инст[/u">[u">Плот[/u"> [u">Wind[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">AiAi[/u">[u">Росс[/u">[u">Nint[/u">[u">XVII[/u">[u">Smar[/u">[u">каче[/u">[u">Sony[/u">[u">Penn[/u">[u">When[/u">[u">демо[/u">[u">Arth[/u">[u">XVII[/u">[u">Рики[/u">[u">Sony[/u">[u">(Ура[/u">[u">brow[/u">[u">веще[/u">[u">LiPo[/u">[u">книг[/u">[u">поэт[/u">[u">Auto[/u">[u">чист[/u"> [u">Deco[/u">[u">Рома[/u">[u">Беля[/u">[u">Theo[/u">[u">Марц[/u">[u">XVII[/u">[u">Theo[/u">[u">Rich[/u">[u">Воло[/u">[u">Else[/u">[u">Розо[/u">[u">Noki[/u">[u">Lion[/u">[u">неож[/u">[u">учас[/u">[u">AVCH[/u">[u">Swar[/u">[u">авто[/u">[u">Крей[/u">[u">Соде[/u">[u">seem[/u">[u">кост[/u">[u">прод[/u">[u">Elec[/u"> [u">Кита[/u">[u">Inde[/u">[u">Прои[/u">[u">Mika[/u">[u">Harr[/u">[u">Carl[/u">[u">Chic[/u">[u">Fier[/u">[u">Chic[/u">[u">Wood[/u">[u">Grea[/u">[u">Wood[/u">[u">Ulti[/u">[u">Alpi[/u">[u">Masq[/u">[u">Крав[/u">[u">трак[/u">[u">Toot[/u">[u">Vali[/u">[u">цвет[/u">[u">фишк[/u">[u">буде[/u">[u">Zebu[/u">[u">иску[/u"> [u">WIND[/u">[u">Wind[/u">[u">Core[/u">[u">Boom[/u">[u">Pres[/u">[u">Bran[/u">[u">Redm[/u">[u">Supe[/u">[u">Cats[/u">[u">Орло[/u">[u">ЛитР[/u">[u">ЛитР[/u">[u">qбгя[/u">[u">Hann[/u">[u">Miss[/u">[u">Kins[/u">[u">Шахо[/u">[u">John[/u">[u">Иллю[/u">[u">Char[/u">[u">Pier[/u">[u">слов[/u">[u">(184[/u">[u">одна[/u"> [u">Dani[/u">[u">Hono[/u">[u">разн[/u">[u">Миха[/u">[u">Болд[/u">[u">Pian[/u">[u">Arme[/u">[u">Oleg[/u">[u">Совр[/u">[u">John[/u">[u">Triu[/u">[u">меся[/u">[u">Пути[/u">[u">Азар[/u">[u">Pozo[/u">[u">поль[/u">[u">Форм[/u">[u">Воро[/u">[u">Phil[/u">[u">John[/u">[u">Mark[/u">[u">Stan[/u">[u">Thom[/u">[u">Грин[/u"> [u">Риви[/u">[u">Elvi[/u">[u">Моро[/u">[u">Dyla[/u">[u">Yevg[/u">[u">авто[/u">[u">rush[/u">[u">Мана[/u">[u">Иллю[/u">[u">детя[/u">[u">Adob[/u">[u">Гамо[/u">[u">Голо[/u">[u">прод[/u">[u">прод[/u">[u">прод[/u">[u">Ольк[/u">[u">Джей[/u">[u">Wilh[/u">[u">Матю[/u">[u">Гецо[/u">[u">Pasc[/u">[u">Евдо[/u">[u">PULP[/u"> [u">Боро[/u">[u">Mojo[/u">[u">Двор[/u">[u">Реза[/u">[u">tuchkas[/u">[u">Susa[/u">[u">Tota[/u">