Forums » News and Announcements

Thursday.And to make th

• February 23, 2020 5:53 PM CST

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With the Broncos top decision-maker, John Elway, having declared the quarterback competition wide open, the team will get down to the business of choosing a starter when training-camp practices begin Thursday.And to make that call, coach Gary Kubiak said Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and rookie Paxton Lynch each will get an equal amount of playing time as camp gets underway.The bottom line is, were going to give them equal reps and its an open competition, Kubiak said. Weve got a plan ... so well get an equal look at all of them.Kubiak said that, initially, Sanchez will work with the starters and that Siemian will be the second quarterback in the rotation and Lynch the third. But he also said, That will change on a day-to-day basis. ... We just want to give them all an equal opportunity.Sanchez, who was acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles this offseason, and Siemian, a seventh-round draft pick in 2015, would get the bulk of the work with the starting offense.In the wake of Peyton Mannings retirement and Brock Osweilers departure to the Houston Texans in free agency, the quarterback question will be the biggest topic of football conversation throughout the preseason for the defending Super Bowl champions.?I think its going to be wide open, Elway said Wednesday. Well get to see how its really going to take shape. ... Well find our guy.When the Broncos offseason program concluded in June, Kubiak told all three quarterbacks how things would go in training camp.One thing we want to make sure is, every night we go up in that office and Mark had 75 throws that day, Trevor had 75 throws, Paxton, I want to be able to look at it that way, Kubiak said. I want to be fair from that standpoint, because I think they all deserve the opportunity.Kubiak said he has no timetable to make a decision. When asked what was the most important thing for the potential starter to show him, Kubiak noted that beyond getting the ball to the right people and limiting mistakes, he wanted to see a leader emerge.Who does the best job with the team? Kubiak said. I think there are a lot of things involved. Well see. ... lets let them go to work.Asked how deep into the preseason he would be willing to go to make a decision, Kubiak said, I think theyre going to tell me by how they perform and how they handle the football team.I know that they know theyre on equal footing as far as reps and whats fixing to take place. They left here [in June] knowing that. Stanley Morgan Jersey. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Matt Cassel Jersey. Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/custom-jeff-garcia-jersey-large-901f.html. -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Randy Moss Jersey. "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Shaun Hill Jersey. -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Another classic NRL derby has been predicted by North Queensland but Cowboys co-captain Matt Scott admits he wont be using Brisbane as a yardstick for their title defence.Test prop Scott found it hard to put his finger on why the Queensland clash produced so many thrillers ahead of Friday nights NRL sudden-death semi-final in Townsville.History shows the past three Queensland derbies have been decided by one point including last years stunning 17-16 golden-point premiership triumph by the Cowboys.The only other time that had occurred in premiership history was way back in 1927-28 between Glebe and North Sydney.And Scott did not rule out another cliffhanger on Friday night.I guess we bring the best out of each other, Scott said of the NRL grand final re-match.The Cowboys battering ram was more certain of who provided a timely gauge for their title defence - and it wasnt Brisbane.I think Melbourne are the yardstick. They have lifted to another level, Scott said.They are playing a better brand of footy.Cooper Cronk and Cam Smiths kicking game is probably the best in the business.They are probably the best team in the competition.Scott said lessons learned from last weeks opening 16-10 finals loss in Melbourrne had steeled them to become the first team to defend a title in the NRL era.ddddddddddddMelbourne have probably taught us that lesson a few times and we havent learned from it, he said of last weeks AAMI Park loss.They are a good team at controlling field position, possession and playing under pressure.We played well for long periods but then made crucial errors that took the pressure off them.It was a performance that would have won 80 to 90 per cent of our regular-season games.But it was never going to win against Melbourne or from here on in.We have to be better at building pressure and maintaining possession.Scott agreed with Brisbanes claim that the Cowboys had everything to play for on Friday night - something he reckoned the team were now getting used to.The pressure has been on us all year, he said.Teams have lifted against us.Even something simple like completion rates - teams are five to 10 per cent better than their season average against us.Thats something you have to deal with as defending premiers.We know we have to lift again on Friday night - its do or die. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '