Forums » News and Announcements

urrently at Georgia. Shes be

• February 19, 2020 5:36 PM CST

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Cindy Dukes father went to Georgia. She has a daughter currently at Georgia. Shes been a Georgia football fan for her entire life.But when Georgia opens its season in Atlanta -- where she lives -- on Saturday, Duke wont be there.Shell be at her first Miami game instead.Mark Richts hiring at Miami, after his successful 15-year run at Georgia came to an end last fall, has already brought something that the Hurricanes werent necessarily expecting. Theres a slew of new Hurricane season-ticket-holders from the Peach State now, people who apparently decided that they can simultaneously be Richt fans and Bulldog fans.Since Mark Richt came to Georgia, Ive been a fan of his, Duke said. We saw so many changes in the way the program was handled and just were really impressed with the way he straightened it out. Making things more about the players and the students as a whole person, not just football players. To watch him handle things the way he has, its been very impressive.For his part, Richt seemed flattered to hear that plenty of people from Georgia bought Miami tickets in the weeks and months after his hiring. His debut as the coach of his alma mater -- Richt graduated in 1982 -- is Saturday night, when the Hurricanes play host to Florida A&M.He got plenty of calls and letters from Georgia fans wishing him well after his move back to Coral Gables, and was warmly received when he appeared at a team end-of-season event after his departure from Athens and subsequent hiring by the Hurricanes.Its not impossible to be a Georgia Bulldog fan and a Hurricane fan, Richt said. Its two different leagues. How many times has Miami played Georgia in the last 25 years?That would be none -- and none for the 25 years before that, either. The last Miami-Georgia game was in 1966.There may come a day when we play each other and hopefully itll be a significant moment, Richt said. I think a lot of people appreciate how I went about my business at Georgia. You have a fan base, alumni, you get attached to your team, to your people. You take a personal interest in them.Duke said she chatted with Richt from time to time, and that they would sometimes attend the same church in Athens, Georgia.Hes the real deal, Duke said. Its about more to us than just Georgia football. I wasnt real happy about the way things ended at Georgia, but Im happy for him ... to be able to go back to his alma mater. So we just want to keep following him and be supportive of him.Richt isnt just bringing in new fans. Hes bringing some old ones back as well.Chris Novack held the school record in the 5,000-meter run for 27 years, from 1986 through 2013. He was a scholarship runner at Miami, graduating in 1988. He spent most of his life living in South Florida, though he now calls Savannah, Georgia home.On Saturday, for the first time in years, hes going to a Hurricanes game. He had season tickets when Miami played home games at the Orange Bowl and now has them again.I cant underestimate how the loss of the Orange Bowl hurt so many people, Novack said. Mark coming in, and the new stadium, I think its rejuvenated the program. I can tell you theres people in Georgia, my co-workers, who are now Miami fans because of Mark Richt. Jace Sternberger Super Bowl Jersey. Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Blake Martinez Super Bowl Jersey. The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. http://www.packersonlineteamstore.com/geronimo-allison-youth-jersey.html. This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Montravius Adams Super Bowl Jersey. -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Kevin King Super Bowl Jersey. Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. HOUSTON -- In a message to fans on Twitter, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt spoke for the first time since having back surgery.As I sit here, recovering from back surgery, the doctors wont really let me do much, so I end up just pacing around my house all day, Watt tweeted. Ive spent a lot of my time reading through the notes and letters that yall have sent to me and trying to respond to as many as I can. I know I wont be able to respond directly to everyone, so I wanted to write one note to all of you to say thank you. You make our jobs possible. You make them fun and you make difficult times like these much easier. So thank you, I truly appreciate you. See you on the field very soon.Watt had surgery last week to repair a herniated disk in his back. He played with the injury last season, but it was not thought to need surgery. Reccently, the injury flared up and surgery became necessary.ddddddddddddWatt will miss at least training camp and all of the preseason, but the rest of his timetable is uncertain. There is some concern about his availability for the early part of the season, sources familiar with Watts condition said.According to people familiar with the surgery who have not treated Watt, rest is critical in the immediate aftermath of such a procedure. The more he rests now, the quicker his recovery will be. It could take anywhere between six and 10 weeks.The Texans placed Watt on their physically unable to perform list Monday ahead of training camp.Watt has never missed a game since the Texans drafted him No. 11 in 2011. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '