Forums » News and Announcements

his title at the Monte

• 728 posts
    February 14, 2020 4:25 AM CST

Novak Djokovic has dismissed claims he is “obsessed” with winning the French Open, the only Grand Slam he is yet to win. The world No 1 starts the defence of his title at the Monte Carlo Masters on Monday, live on Sky Sports, as he prepares for Roland Garros. Djokovic has won 11 Grand Slams throughout his career but said he is more hungry to win the French Open after an agonising defeat in the final to Stanislas Wawrinka last year.Djokovic, a three-time French Open finalist, said: I dont like the word obsession because it doesnt come from the right emotion.But of course being the only Grand Slam I havent won gives me even more incentive to give my best there this year.The Serbian is the favourite to win in Monte Carlo after securing his record 28th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown in Miami earlier this month, taking him past Rafael Nadals record.He added: From one side, yes, I am pleasantly surprised with what I have achieved in last two years. From the other side, Ive always expected myself to be at this level.Everybody peaks at different stages of their careers and for me its right now.Djokovic is in the same half of the draw as rival Roger Federer in Monte Carlo and has a bye to the second round where he faces Czech Jiri Vesely or Russian Teymuraz Gabashvili. Also See: ATP schedule Tennis on Sky Latest scores Get a NOW TV pass Video Erik McCoy Jersey.Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Tom McNeill Jersey. "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-henry-childs-jersey-large-642e.html. LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Roman Harper Jersey. The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Michael Lewis Jersey. -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. on Sunday was placed on probation for the duration of his license after a test revealed a 0.02 percent blood alcohol level earlier at this Del Mar meet, track stewards said.Arroyo has had a checkered career that has included incidents of substance abuse and jail time. He recently relocated to Southern California and was granted a license through July 31, 2019, but as a condition to get a license, the California Horse Racing Board required that he sign paperwork consenting to tests at any time, steward Scott Chaney said Sunday.Del Mars stewards -- Chaney, Grant Baker, and Kim Sawyer -- in their ruling said that in additionn to continued testing, Arroyo must be evaluated by the Winners Foundation, which aids racetrackers with substance-abuse issues.ddddddddddddFailure to comply with the terms of probation will be grounds for actions against Norberto Arroyos license privileges, the ruling states.Arroyo has won eight races at this meet to place ninth in the jockeys standings.*Jockeys Stewart Elliott and Santiago Gonzalez were given three-day suspensions, beginning this Saturday, after being cited for careless riding in races last Saturday. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '