Forums » News and Announcements

two Tests and three ODIs.

• 728 posts
    February 12, 2020 10:50 PM CST

Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza has said he is hopeful England will tour the country for the entire series in October. Bangladeshs 30-man preliminary squad for the England series began training on Wednesday with a focus on fitness. England are scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on September 30 for two Tests and three ODIs.I personally hope that the tour goes ahead, Mashrafe said. Cricket followers in Bangladesh have been waiting for a long time for a home series. Bangladeshi people love cricket, and they hope that England are coming for the tour. I am hopeful they (England) will come to hold on to the cricket culture.England have always helped Bangladesh. They had sent the team in the Under-19 World Cup. They will certainly get security, as much as what other cricket teams get when they come here. Bangladeshi people respect cricketers. I dont think there will be a problem.The ECB had said it will follow government advice on whether the tour should go ahead as planned following the terror attack on July 1. Gunmen had stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in the Gulshan district of Dhaka before security forces brought the hostage situation to an end. Englands limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan had also expressed big concern over the tour.The BCB had said the ECBs concern was quite normal but ruled out the possibility of playing the series at a neutral venue.Mashrafe said their job would be to focus on on-field activities while the BCB would tackle the security issue with the ECB. There are still three months left so I remain hopeful of the tour. We should keep focusing on our fitness. BCB will take care of the rest.The Bangladesh team is without strength and conditioning coach Mario Villavarayan who is away due to a personal reason.We are not accustomed to working without Mario. But Iftekharul (Islam) has been around for a long time, Mashrafe said. Mario has told him what to do but the players know what they have to do.Everyone knows that they may lose fitness if they are not serious after a six-week gap. This is a great opportunity for us to take care of ourselves and hold on to our fitness. Roger Clemens Jersey. Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Custom Thurman Munson Jersey. 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/custom-domingo-german-jersey-large-1444i.html. The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Wade Boggs Jersey. Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Luis Medina Jersey. Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. LAHAINA, Hawaii -- Oregon opened the Maui Invitational with a disappointing loss, won in overtime and closed with a click-on-all-cylinders win.Winning the tournament was the goal, but getting better with each game wasnt a bad consolation.Chris Boucher scored 21 points, Tyler Dorsey added 19 and No. 13 Oregon beat Connecticut 79-69 on Wednesday in the fifth-place game of the Maui Invitational.Obviously, we still have a lot of stuff we need to work on offensively and defensively, but I think we took a step, said Oregon forward Jordan Bell, who had 12 points. I think every game we got a little better.Oregon (4-2) lost its opener to Georgetown, but bounced back with an overtime victory over Tennessee on Dillon Brooks long 3-pointer. The Ducks wanted to get off to a fast start in their Maui finale and did just that, racing to a 15-point lead in the opening 4 1/2 minutes.UConn (2-4) chipped into the lead by halftime, but the Ducks started flying again, building the lead back up to 17.Dylan Ennis added 15 points for Oregon, which shot 54 percent and made 9 of 21 from 3-point range.Jalen Adams led the Huskies with 27 points and Rodney Purvis added 13.Comes down to fundamentals: play defense and execute on offense, UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. I dont know what else to say. Energy and youve got to play defense. They made shots and we didnt make shots. Simple game. Theres no secret to it.The Ducks attacked the Huskies from the opening tip, scoring the games first 10 points, racing out to an 18-point lead.Ollie called a timeout 41 seconds into the game and Adams, the Huskies leading scorer, headed to the bench at 17:03 after picking up his second foul.I dont think we were just playing with the intensity we should have, Adams said. We didnt match their intensity or their energy and I think we have to work on that. Weve got to build on that.Oregon pushed the lead to 21, but the Huskies came roaring back.UConn started hitting shots it was missing earlier, while the Ducks went more than 8 minutes without a field goal, trimming the lead to 339-28 by halftime.ddddddddddddOregon revved up again to start the second half, hitting 5 of its first 7 shots to push the lead to 53-34.UConn had one more run. The Huskies whittled away at the lead and got it down to eight with 3 minutes left, but couldnt make up any more ground.I just thought our energy level today was much better because of the ball movement and getting some shots down, Oregon coach Dana Altman said.BIG PICTUREOregon finished the Maui Invitational with a flourish after a dud of a start. The Ducks should get better as Brooks, their leader, builds up stamina in his return from offseason foot surgery.UConns young team is still trying to gel. The Huskies struggled against Oklahoma States pressure in the opener, Chaminades perimeter shooting the next game and the Ducks flock of athletes in the finale.BROOKS PROGRESSIONBrooks was limited to eight points in 13 minutes in Oregons opener against Georgetown, his first game back since offseason foot surgery.The preseason All-America was back to his Duck-leading role against Tennessee in the second round, scoring 17 points and hitting the game-winning 3-pointer with 22 seconds left in overtime.Brooks was limited to nine points in 18 minutes Wednesday, but did all the little things the Ducks need, like playing defense, distributing the ball -- five assists -- and providing leadership.LARRIER OUTUConn announced Wednesday that sophomore forward Terry Larrier will miss the rest of the season with a torn left ACL.Larrier was injured Monday night against Oklahoma State while driving to the basket. Hes expected to be out eight months.UConn was expecting a big contribution from the 6-foot-8 Larrier, who sat out last season after transferring from Virginia Commonwealth.UP NEXTUConn hosts Boston University on Nov. 30.Oregon hosts Boise State on Monday.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '