Forums » News and Announcements

Chivas USA ca

• June 29, 2019 1:45 AM CDT

HARRISON, N.J. -- If Chivas USA continues the play the way it has under new coach Wilmer Cabrera, its now-17-game winless streak on the road is going to end soon. Chivas USA came within seconds of its first road win in more than a year, only to see Peguy Luyindula of the Red Bulls nudge a corner kick into the net as four minutes of stoppage time was about to expire Sunday, allowing winless New York to salvage a 1-1 tie. "Of course we are disappointed," goaltender Dan Kennedy said after Chivas USAs road drought increased to 0-13-4. "We are disappointed giving up a goal in the last minute of the game, the last seconds really. I dont know how much time was added on, but it seemed deep into the game." Kennedy said no one is thinking about the skid because its basically a new team with a different coach and new ownership. The past is irrelevant, he said. The Red Bulls (0-3-1) had some luck on the game-tying goal against Chivas USA (1-1-2). Eric Alexander, a second-half substitute, floated a corner kick from the left side into the box and Luyindula went up and knocked it into the net past a stunned Kennedy for his first of the season. "It wasnt clean," said Kennedy, who didnt think the shot came off Luyindulas head. "It kind of fluttered in. In the end we came in here against the Supports Shield winner and got a point and made it really, really tough on them." Neither Luyindula, nor Alexander nor Red Bulls captain Thierry Henry spoke to the media after the game. "We feel relieved, but we still havent gotten our three points, so were not entirely happy," Red Bulls midfielder Lloyd Sam said. "Youre happy not to lose the game, but we need to get our first win. Weve had two home games and the second half we were all over them. We should have had a couple of more goals." Erick Torres first-half penalty kick and Kennedys outstanding play kept Chivas USA ahead from the 25th minute on. Kennedy was under constant pressure in the second half. He made a kick save on a breakaway by Bradley Wright-Phillips in the 73rd minute, nudged a dipping Dax McCarty shot over the bar and stopped a header by Henry in the final 10 minutes. A couple of other shots went just wide of the net. He finished with four saves. Chivas USA has not won away from its Carson, Calif., home since a 4-1 decision over Chicago on March 24, 2013. The Red Bulls start is still better than last season. They opened 0-2-2 before turning things around and posting the best regular-season record in the league. Torres, who has four goals in as many games, scored in the 25th minute after defender Richard Eckersley shoved Thomas McNamara in the back as he went to head a cross into the box. The penalty seemed foolish because the ball was clearly too high for McNamara to head. Torres penalty kick went into the middle of the net as Red Bulls goaltender Luis Robles dove to defend his left side of the net. "Im sad because we made a really strong effort and then to get a goal in the 94th minute obviously you leave the game very frustrated, very angry, very upset," Torres said through a team translator. Chivas USA did not have a shot on goal other than the penalty kick. The Red Bulls saw Australian forward Tim Cahill leave the game in the first half with a pulled right hamstring. Before he left, Kennedy stopped Cahill on a header off a free kick by Henry. Josh Rosen Womens Jersey.Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. Bob Griese Jersey. -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego. http://www.dolphinsrookiestore.com/Dolphins-Mark-Clayton-Jersey/. This time, Tebow was in a groove the entire second half -- not just in the waning minutes -- and his teammates on defence were getting gobbled up. Mark Clayton Womens Jersey.C. -- Gleason Fournier scored the shootout winner as the Grand Rapids Griffins defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 Friday in American Hockey League action. Cameron Wake Youth Jersey. - Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery was so busy in free agency he didnt mind having a few extra weeks to prepare for the draft.TORONTO -- England striker Jermain Defoe has come to terms with Toronto FC and will join the MLS team at the end of February. Toronto said the 31-year-old Tottenham star will be introduced on Monday, when U.S. international midfielder Michael Bradley is also expected to be unveiled. "We are thrilled, for our club and for our fans, with the opportunity to bring a global football superstar like Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC," Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, said in a statement Friday. "We promised our fans in October that building a winning club was our top priority and we scoured the globe to find the right players to fulfil that promise. Right from the beginning of this process, Jermain Defoe was the top player on our list and we got our man. "We would like to thank Tottenham as well as MLSE ownership for this very clear demonstration of our commitment to winning. Most importantly, we want to thank Toronto FC fans for their patience and support getting to this day." Defoe has scored 142 goals during two spells at Tottenham and is the clubs top scorer in European competitions. Bradley will be the next piece of the puzzle to officially fall. AS Roma announced Thursday that it had sold the 26-year-old American to MLS for US$10 million. A source with knowledge of the league said Toronto was the lone MLS suitor. Tottenham has at least nine matches to play before Defoe leaves for MLS. Toronto opens its 2014 season March 15 in Seattle. The late February departure seems to be a compromise. Defoe will miss almost all of Torontos pre-season but should arrive game-ready. Spurs strike force avoids being depleted. "Everybody knows how much this club means to me and I will play my heart out for the team and the fans until my last kick for the club," Defoe said in a statement on Spurs website. "I have had a fantastic time here and the fans have always been amazing to me. "I am grateful for the opportunity for myself and my family to experience living overseas and for me to play in the MLS with a contract that will take me to the age of 35.dddddddddddd I have no doubt I shall be coming back as a fan supporting the team in the years to come too." Tottenham also announced an advertising and marketing deal with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, and a July 23 friendly in Toronto as part of the transfer. "This is a great opportunity for Jermain and he feels it is one that he wishes to pursue," said Spurs head coach Tim Sherwood. "He has played a big part in the club for many years and we all know he will give his best until his last minute in a Spurs shirt. "We have several attacking options within our squad for the remaining dozen or so games of the season after Jermain departs and we shall keep our options under review. We also have a goal threat from players in other areas of the pitch including having wide players and attacking midfielders who will enable us to vary our shape when required." "Everybody at the club wishes Jermain every success for the future and he will always be welcome at (White Hart) Lane." Defoe first joined the London club in February 2004 from West Ham, making 177 appearances and scoring 64 goals before leaving to join Portsmouth in January 2008. The England international was re-signed a year later and has since made 185 appearances, scoring 78 goals. "Jermain brings the complete package to Toronto FC," said Toronto FC general manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "He is an accomplished scorer and I know that his skill and infectious personality will make him a popular star both in Toronto and around the League." The advertising deal between the two clubs includes promotional, branding, experiential activities, advertising, broadcasting, social media and digital rights across the four-year agreement and at all MLSE properties and media sites. Tottenham and Toronto FC said MLSE will stock, promote and sell official Spurs merchandise at all its retail outlets and support the THFC Official Canadian Supporters Club. The Spurs exhibition game against Toronto will come between matches against the Seattle Sounders on July 19 and Chicago Fire on July 26. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '