Forums » News and Announcements

eally well and

• February 28, 2018 12:26 AM CST

TAMPA, Fla. -- Steven Stamkos stopped worrying about not a scoring goal over an extended period. On Thursday night, the Tampa Bay star showed why. Stamkos had three goals and an assist, Valtteri Filppula added two goals, and the Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 7-2 on Thursday night. Stamkos, second in the NHL with 29 goals during the abbreviated 2012-13 season, stopped a five-game goal drought dating back to last season. "To be completely honest, I think this might have been the first time that I didnt (worry)," Stamkos said. "Usually I do. If I dont score one game, sometimes you have trouble sleeping, thinking what you should have done. I just kind of had an eerie feeling that tonight was going to be a good night." Stamkos completed his sixth career hat trick on a one-timer from the top of the left circle during a power play at 12:25 of the third. "He scores when he get opportunties," Lightning goalie Ben Bishop said. "Its a lot nicer having him on your team than playing against him." Martin St. Louis added a goal and an assist for the Lightning, who have won three in a row after a season-opening loss at Boston. Bishop made 19 saves and improved to 3-0 on the season. Florida, which lost three of four during a season-opening road trip, got goals from Brad Boyes and Jonathan Huberdeau. "We didnt respond well to pressure," Florida coach Kevin Dineen said. "When they pressured our players, instead of responding to that, understanding that it was coming, I think it created turmoil for us." Filppula scored consecutive third-period goals to give the Lightning a 6-2 lead. St. Louis, playing at home for the first time since being selected team captain earlier this month, made it 1-0 off a pass through the slot by Stamkos 8:13 into the game. St. Louis has 917 points, which moved him past Bobby Orr (915) into 94th place on the NHL all-time list. "I dont think its something that you think about when you start your career," St. Louis said. "A pretty special player that I get to pass." St. Louis goal marked the first time this season that Tampa Bay took a lead during regulation. The Lightnings other two victories came in overtime and a shootout after third-period comebacks. Stamkos put the Lightning up 2-0 when he beat goalie Jacob Markstrom for a short-handed goal at 13:54 of the first. It was Tampa Bays first short-handed goal since Ryan Malone scored one on March 26, 2012. "You know theyre dynamic," Dineen said of Stamkos and St. Louis. "You know that if one guy has the puck, hes looking for the other guy, that theyre really highly skilled players, but more than anything, they work as hard as anybody in the league. If you dont match that, if you dont have 100 per cent buy-in and effort to try to contain them, youre going to get lit up like we did tonight." Boyes got the Panthers within 2-1 on a power-play goal 59 seconds into the second. Florida had failed to convert on its previous 17 man-advantage opportunities this season. Tampa Bay went up 3-1 when Stamkos scored from the right circle with 8:21 left in the second. Ondrej Palat added a late second-period goal. Huberdeau, last seasons Calder Trophy winner as rookie of the year, scored his first goal in nine games early in the third. NOTES: Florida G Tim Thomas (groin) said he felt "better" after skating and taking some shots Thursday. Dineen said its very doubtful that Thomas, who was hurt Tuesday at Philadelphia, will be ready for Fridays home opener. ... Panthers C Shawn Matthias played after missing the morning skate due to flulike symptoms. ... Markstrom was pulled midway through the third after allowing six goals on 24 shots. Dan Majerle Jersey. -- Jane Kish stopped all 25 shots she faced as the Weyburn Gold Wings blanked the Sudbury Lady Wolves 3-0 on Friday to advance to the gold-medal game at the Esso Cup. Grant Hill Jersey. The photograph shows Parker and a French comedian making a gesture known in France as a "quenelle," which critics describe as inverted Nazi salute. Parker said in a statement released through the Spurs that the photograph was taken three years ago. Parker, who was born in Belgium but raised in France, said he didnt know at the time that "it could be in any way offensive or harmful. http://www.sunsofficialshop.us/jared-dudley-suns-jersey/. -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. Steve Nash Jersey. Every. Single. Game. Thats 1,230 in total to cover the regular season. The man is Corey Sznajder, a soft-spoken 23-year-old Salisbury University grad who lives in Annapolis, Maryland and has been charting zone entries and zone exits throughout the NHL. I love big projects, he said. No kidding. At the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, I met Eric Tulsky, who presented research on the value of controlled zone entries (short answer: about twice as valuable to enter with control of the puck rather than dumping it in) and Sznajder had charted a couple hundred games that were included in that study. Marquese Chriss Jersey. -- Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six Wisconsin players in double figures as the No.ROME -- Novak Djokovic has been pain-free for 10 days and is ready to return from the right wrist injury that forced him to withdraw from the Madrid Open a week ago. The second-ranked Serb has been practicing hard as he prepares for this weeks Italian Open and the French Open, which starts in two weeks. "Right now I feel much more confident at the state of my wrist and I know that Im ready much more to play a match than I was one week ago," Djokovic said Sunday after attracting thousands of spectators to a practice session with Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka on the Foro Italicos spectacular Pietrangeli court, which is lined with neo-classical statues. When Djokovic lost to Roger Federer in the Monte Carlo Masters semifinals last month, his wrist was heavily strapped and he was unable to serve or return at his usual level. "Its a wiser decision if you try to heal it 100 per cent than 50 per cent and compromise the next weeks," Djokovic said. The last thing Djokovic wanted to risk was a recurrence, citing wrist problems that have affecteed fellow players Juan Martin del Potro and Nikolay Davydenko "The second time that it comes back it becomes a chronic injury, which you definitely dont want to have," he said.dddddddddddd "From now on I will be extra careful about my wrist." Djokovic opens in Rome against Czech veteran Radek Stepanek and hes hoping to have both of his head coaches in place this week -- long-time adviser Marian Vajda and six-time Grand Slam champion Boris Becker, who joined his staff in December. "Boris is here. And were trying to see if we can get Marian here, because theyre both going to be present in Paris," Djokovic said, adding that Vajda is spending more time with his family and two tennis-playing daughters lately. "(Vajda) understands and knows me really well and he can help Boris to get more efficient in that transition to co-operating well with me on the court," Djokovic said. "Thats why Im trying to get them to be together." A six-time Grand Slam winner himself, Djokovic won the Italian Open in 2008 and 2011. Wholesale Jerseys  Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '